June 16, 2008
There are the tools that by using text messaging to blog, comments, poll and sending message to others without revealing the sender’s mobile number.
- Use the static HTML version to converse with buyers on eBay
- Receive messages from anywhere
- Receive general website feedback
- Get immediate responses to your online adverts
- Live updates from a convention or sports event
- Post real-time news bulletins from the scene
- Update a travel-blog on the go without a PC
- Update to your corporate site to let your colleagues know you’ve been delayed
- Tell your friends and visitors how your vacation is going
- Updating your page even if you lose Internet access or power!
- Gauge your readers’ opinions on current news stories
- Get ratings of content
- Receive general website feedback
- Run an online competition
- Find your most popular product
- Let your online community vote on a topic
- Get detailed feedback on your articles
- Gauge reaction to news stories
- Let visitors suggest new features or items
- Allow your readers to discuss articles and topics
- Increase you readership by involving visitors in your content
- Let visitors interact with your site without the hassle of signups and bulletin boards
- Run a public message board that is unlikely to be abused
June 6, 2008
What is Shozu?
ShoZu makes your world mobile
Connecting your phone and your online life has never been easier. With ShoZu you can interact with huge list of sites and communities – from Flickr to Facebook, YouTube to Blogger, the list goes on.
June 4, 2008
Intelligent cities for the next generation (ICING)
ARKI research group
ICING project will research a multi-modal multi-access concept for e-government. The model “thin skinned city” will be sensitive to both citizen’s and the environment through the use of of mobile devices, universal access gateways, social software and sensors. The intelligent infrastructure will enable a public Administration Services layer and a Communities layer. The cities of Helsinki, Dublin and Barcelona are part of the project. In Helsinki we will build an Urban Mediator system for providing mechanisms for citizen-driven interactions with the city. ICING is co-funded by the EU through the Information Society Technologies (IST) priority. More info: http://arki.uiah.fi/icing.
MobilED – mobiled.uiah.fi
Learning Environments research group
MobilED initiative is designing learning environments that are meaningfully enhanced with mobile technologies and services. The MobilED platform offers Audio Wiki, usable with mobile phones. With MobilED platform you may use MediaWiki server as the Content Management System of your audio information system. More info: http://mobiled.uiah.fi
2006, Wesa Aapro
Consumer Gadget is a consumer’s new best friend. It is an application for mobile phones that helps consumers buy ethically better products, using bar codes as the key to ethical information.
2005-2006, Jürgen Scheible
The MobileArtBlog is a blog of digital art images created with a mobile phone. It is the travel journal of artist Lenin’s Godson. Instead of ordinary images and text, this blog holds a collection of popart images, each in phone screen size, which the artist creates and uploads on the spot during travels when stimulated by things he sees and experiences, simply turning them into memorable art pieces sharing them with fans and art lovers in real time.
May 27, 2008
Dear Emily and Lee,
A friend of mine who is studying at the University of Art and Design Helsinki is working on a similar project called joinups, it is really worth seeing and trying if you open the link bellow you will find a video demonstrating a scenario where the application would be useful, also there is a prototype that you can try.