For the Article on Identifying your Audience the main points listed are:
- Taking the General Public as the Target Audience is too vast.
- Even corporations with advertising budget larger than many countries don’t attempt to target the public
- Target Audience are the individuals, groups, communities and bodies of decision makers who can influence your target.
- Sometimes a target audience can have direct decision making power, and can influence a group o take decisions for them like parents and children.
So the criteria is:
- Who needs to hear our message?
- Who has influence over your target?
- Who must be moved to action so your goals will be met?
- Who has the greatest impact on the outcome of your product?
Next Step is to Get to Know Your Target Audience:
- Where they stand on an issue
- What motivates and drives them
- Research any data from ally organizations on the same target audience
- Consult with Surveys and polling resul